HashiConf is dedicated to providing a harassment-free digital conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We value your attendance and do not wish anyone to feel uncomfortable or threatened at any time.
The bottom line is that we do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, trolling, sustained disruption of talks or other events, and unwelcome sexual attention. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of conference staff immediately. There will be a channel provided where you can contact conference staff privately about any concerns you have. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any conference element, including during sessions, in casual networking public chats, or in private chats. Conference participants, sponsors, speakers, or conference staff violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference at the discretion of the conference organizers. We expect participants to adhere to the code of conduct throughout the entire virtual conference.
Code of Conduct
- I am an attendee at HashiConf, learning from and sharing with other HashiConf attendees in an effort to better myself and my industry. I co-create the experience with fellow attendees. I am prepared to give my energy, presence and sensitivity to creating the best possible experience for myself and others.
- I am attending HashiConf to interact with people. I understand that imagery and language which is suggestive or derogatory will offend and make people uncomfortable. I also understand that people may have boundaries and sensibilities different from my own. I will accept without question when informed that something is offensive or unacceptable in the context of the conference.
- I will never intentionally harass or offend another attendee regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, appearance, size, race or religion and will not abide another attendee being harassed or offended. If I am aware that anyone is uncomfortable or unsafe, I will notify those giving offense and the HashiConf event organizers.
- If I am offended or harassed, I will inform the event organizers. If I feel safe, at my discretion, I will inform those giving offense of the specific actions with the hope that the other party is well-intentioned and ignorant, but I am under no obligation to do so.
- I understand that people are different and I attempt to be forgiving of others actions at the level of their sincere intent, but my priority is protecting my safety and the safety of others. I will act without hesitation or reservation until there are no question of the safety of all parties.
- I trust the HashiConf organizers and attendees will co-create the best possible experience for everyone involved, as I will. I believe HashiConf Europe is about empowering people and I will not forget I am empowered to create a safe and nurturing environment. If I or any other attendee violates this aspect of the event, I expect the conference organizers to protect the attendees by direct action, including expelling those in violation and contacting the proper authorities.
Questions about the Code of Conduct can be sent to email@example.com.